The Yoga pose Cobra is both a backbend, a chest opener and a heart opener. It's an amazing pose that strengthens the long muscles of the back and the muscles between the shoulder blades. From a purely sexual vantage point, the Cobra pose brings new flexibility to the thoracic area, which stiffens with age. Translation: Make this pose part of your practice and you can experience better sexual movement and power in all sorts of positions.
What about the heart-opener? Heart-opening poses like Cobra elevate your mood, reduce anxiety and stress, and take emotional weight off your mind. A relaxed mind is always ready for better sex, whether it's with a partner or just solo playtime.
The benefits seem to go on and on. Cobra pose also:
- Builds upper-body strength, toning your biceps, triceps and deltoids. Think = sexy, strong arms and strong shoulders. And for our female readers, this doesn't mean big arms, it means strong, lean, gorgeous arms.
- Reduces neck and back pain. Imagine reversing the stiffness and even pain that can accumulate from sitting at a desk all day. Cobra stretches the muscles in the shoulders, chest and neck, which can help relieve tightness in the upper body and back.
- Prevents injury. By keeping hips flexible, Cobra pose reduces the risk of injury from overdoing it in any number of sports, including running, skiing, and cycling. Any sport that relies on legs usually results in ultra tight hip flexors, which need to be stretched, and Cobra pose is just what the doctor ordered. Even shoulders are safer because of the open stretch to the front of the body.
- Relieves sciatica. Tight muscles in the lower back, hips and legs, which cause a pinching pain. Cobra pose increases flexibility in this area, which can relieve sciatica.
- Stretches the six-pack. If you are working on any kind of abs, at any level, a proper stretch is in order just like stretching your legs after a run. Cobra does exactly that, stretching those belly muscles so you can go at it again without pain and issues later.